BC FORUM News - Call for Action from the Dietitians of Canada, May, 2019
Call for Action from the Dietitians of Canada
Seek to have dietitian services included in your health benefit plan!
- every $1 invested in dietitian services saves $4 in drug costs
- they reduce health related lost productivity by up tp 64%
- they decrease disability days by up to 87%
Nutrition counselling by Dietitians can help you to:
A) reduce risk of developing type 2 diabetes by up to 70%
B) manage food allergies and intolerances
C) improve blood pressure, and blood glucose and cholesterol levels
D) achieve and maintain a healthier weight
- Contact your health benefit plan provider see if their plan coverage includes a registered dietitian.
- If it does, do you need a doctor’s referral; how much coverage do you have in a calendar year; and is the amount for each family member?
- Do you have a health spending account and if so, can it be used for dietitian services?
The above information is courtesy of the Dietitians of Canada. Please visit their website at www.dietitians.ca/employeehealth for more information.