News from BC FORUM - recirculated from the Office of the Seniors Advocate
February 2, 2017
Report – Moving In the Right Direction:
HandyDART Survey Results
BC’s Seniors Advocate released results of a province-wide survey of almost 7,500 HandyDART users in the province today. The survey highlights that while 91% of users are satisfied with the service when they receive it, almost 1/3 of respondents say it is not meeting, or only moderately meeting, their transportation needs.
Highlights from the survey include:
• Almost 80% of HandyDART clients are able to book a roundtrip always or most of the time
• 26% said they were rarely or never able to get a ride when placed on standby
• 28% of riders whose annual income is less than $10,000 said they would use HandyDART more often if it cost less
• 38% are somewhat or not at all familiar with no-show or cancellation policies – only 75% of BC Transit clients and 69% of Translink clients agree they know how to provide feedback around services
• 60% of clients report they always reach appointment on time – less than 50% report they are always picked up within the 30-minute window
Download and read the report here.
Visit the Office of the Seniors Advocate website at www.seniorsadvocatebc.ca.