50 years of Freedom Speakers Symposium and AGM
A day-long symposium featuring five of Canada’s leading civil liberties and human rights advocates:
• Dr. Cindy Blackstock, Aboriginal children’s advocate and Executive Director of First Nations Child and Family Caring Society.
• Prof. Michael Geist, the nation’s leading commentator on civil rights in the cyber-age, including copyright, net neutrality and lawful access and Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law at the University of Ottawa.
• Alex Neve, Secretary General of Amnesty International Canada and an Officer of the Order of Canada.
• Kim Pate, the Executive Director of the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies and an internationally recognized advocate for criminalized women.
• Maureen Webb, a Canadian human rights lawyer and author of Illusions of Security: Global Surveillance and Democracy in the Post 9-11 World, a book that details the Maher Arar national security scandal.
Open to the public, by donation. For more information and to register visit the BCCLA website.
BCCLA 50th Birthday Gala Dinner and Liberty Awards
Celebrating BCCLA‘s Golden Anniversary with featured speakers John Cruickshank, publisher of the Toronto Star, Clayton Ruby C.M., acclaimed human rights lawyer, and the Right Honourable Kim Campbell P.C., C.C., Q.C., former Prime Minister of Canada.
The recipients of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association’s Reg Robson Award, and special 50th Anniversary awards for excellence in legal advocacy, youth activism and lifetime achievement in civil liberties will be announced.
Individual Tickets - $150 (tax deductible donation receipt for $75)
Pair of Tickets - $250 (tax receipt for $100)
Table (Up to 10 people) - $1350 (tax receipt for $600)
If you can’t attend the event yourself, please consider sponsoring a ticket so that someone who may not otherwise be able to go may attend.
Click here for more details or to buy tickets.
If you have any questions, or prefer to register over the phone for any of these events, contact Stefanie Ratjen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-630-9750.