Nidus is holding Personal Planning Month in October for 2017. We have special topics available all over the province. This is held once per year – don’t miss it – they’re FREE!
Click for a complete list of PPM topics and locations on the website (most up-to-date list) – PPM2017
FREE Provincial Interactive Webinars with Q&A
Public libraries are hosting Nidus presentations – in various communities around BC. Each topic is offered twice – daytime and evening. These will not be recorded.
Click for poster listing all topics.
You can also host for your own group – family, colleagues, caregivers – or watch on your own at home or work. Click the date/time below to register. If you need to cancel, please use the link in your confirmation email as there are limits on space.
1. Essentials of a Basic Plan for Your Future (Representation Agreements, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Wills)
Monday October 2nd: 1-2:30 pm OR
Tuesday, October 3rd: 7-8:30 pm
2. Demo of Making & Registering a Representation Agreement (to ensure you get the health care you need and don’t get treatments you do not want)
Tuesday, October 10th: 1-2:30 pm OR
Wednesday, October 11th: 7-8:30 pm
3. End-of-Life Matters (don’t get overwhelmed, find out what applies and what you need)
Monday, October 16th: 1-2:30 pm OR
Tuesday, October 17th: 7-8:30 pm
4. Are you named in a Representation Agreement or Enduring Power of Attorney? What is your role, your rights, your authority?
Monday, October 23rd: 1-2:30 pm OR
Tuesday, October 24th: 7-8:30 pm
5. FAQ on Wills & Estates (you can send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wednesday, October 25th: 7-8:30 pm, evening OR
Thursday, October 26th: 1-2:30 pm
FREE Metro-Vancouver in-person presentations
With the generous support of local seniors centres, neighbourhood houses and public libraries, Nidus-trained volunteers and staff are able to offer some in-person presentations in the Metro-Van area.
Click to see poster with locations, dates/times – MetroVan List
FREE Webinars for Professionals
Professionals need information and resources geared to their workplace role. Nidus is offering presentations for the following settings.
• Financial institutions, financial advisors/planners, estate planners
• Health care providers in community care and out-patient settings
• Staff in residential care
• Legal professionals – through Courthouse Libraries BC with lawyer Hugh McLellan
Interested professionals should email email@example.com for details.
Some recent questions we’ve received from professionals:
How do I help my patients at the Spinal Unit to sign their Representation Agreements?
My client brought a Power of Attorney they made when living in Ontario, can they use it in BC and for what?
What disqualifies a person from making health care decisions for a ‘spouse”? Is there a time limit spouses have to be together? Does there have to be legal paperwork if they are separated?