BC FORUM News – From The Advocate, Spring 2018
BC Federation of Retired Union Members
Annual General Meeting 2018
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
9:30 am to 1:00 pm
UFCW 1518, 350 Columbia Street,
New Westminster, BC
SEE UPDATE HERE
• Come early to visit the display booths, and chat with other members, guests and directors. Coffee will be ready at 9:00 am.
• All current members may debate and vote on resolutions. Memberships and renewals will be accepted at the sign-in desk.
• The BC FORUM board will update you on activities over the past year, and plans for the future.
• Irene Lanzinger, President of the BC Federation of Labour and Chair of BC FORUM, will address current issues facing working families and retirees.
• SPECIAL RESOLUTION to adopt a Constitution and Bylaws for transitioning to the new BC Societies Act:
Whereas the BC Provincial Government introduced a new BC Societies Act, effective November 28th, 2016 and;
Whereas the new act requires all pre-existing societies, i.e. British Columbia Federation of Retired Union Members, BC FORUM, to file a transition application within 2 years of the act coming into effect and;
Whereas the transition filing must contain a Constitution and Bylaws that are consistent, and confirm with the new act;
Therefore be it resolved that British Columbia Federation of Retired Union Members, BC FORUM adopt the new Constitution and Bylaws as recommended by the BC FORUM board of directors.
The proposed Constitution and Bylaws will be available at the Annual General Meeting. If you wish to receive a copy in advance of the AGM, please contact the BC FORUM office and a copy will be mailed or e-mailed to you as you prefer.
• You will be eligible to win great door prizes generously donated by our allies and supporters.
• Our location features easy access via public transit – about a block from Columbia Skytrain station – and is on major Columbia Street bus routes. Street parking is limited to two hours so if you come by car, please use the public parkade.
Please mark your calendar today, and feel free to bring a guest!